Online Zerodha Account, Zerodha Demat Account
Which Are The Best Discount Brokers In India?
- Zerodha is the leading Discount brokerage firm that provides its customers brokerage free equity delivery. It has launched its various advanced technology trading platforms that has made trading easier and convenient. A trader can trade by sitting at home also. It has emerged as a new hope for the small traders who want to invest low amounts in share market at lower brokerage cost. It takes zero brokerage in mutual fund and equity trading whereas in F&O and commodity trading is charged at Rs 20 per trade through online mode. The firm also offers it clients call and trade option where they can call the companies executives and can do trade, though it incur calling charges.
The top 5 discount brokers in India are listed below:
- RKSV/Upstox, a new discount stock broker in India formerly known as RKSV Securities. It is claimed to be endorsed by Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital and GVK Davix. The Retail operations of Upstox is started way back in January 2012 by three founders namely Raghu Kumar, Ravi Kumar and Shrinivas Viswanath. It currently contributes almost Rs. 7,000 crores in daily turnover on National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. It is a decent trading platform with reasonable exposure and low brokerage charges.
- SAS Online SAS online started in 2013 who offers cheapest brokerage fee of Rs.9 per trade or Rs999 per month depending on trader’s choice. They also offer unlimited monthly plans of Rs 499 and Rs 699. They have around 20000 clients with a daily turnover of about 7000 crores. Alpha trader is their trading platform with advanced features.
- Trade Smart Online Trade A trustworthy brokerage firm because of being a subdivision of VNS Finance Capital Services Ltd. It provides prompt customer service, investor friendly fixed monthly brokerage plans, free annual maintenance charge for Ist year, 0.007% or Rs. 20 per executed order whichever is lower. But their trading platforms are not upto the mark and charge high transaction fees.
- TradePlusOnline A rebuilt version of 1983 based Navia Markets Ltd. Its AMC for 5 years and 10 years are minimal. They offer zero brokerage in commodities, unlimited monthly plans at Rs 99 in options, currency and commodity. INFINI power-desktop based, INFINI-web based and Trade plus mobile-mobile based are its trading platform which can be accessed by paying a fee of Rs 499. It’s Call and trade service is also a pain in necker.
There are two types of brokers exist:-
- Full service brokers They are traditional/regular brokers who charge heavy fees from their customers to accomplish trade along with market research on behalf of them. They also provide suggestions to their clients in financial matters, investment, retirement, tax saving etc. They charge around 0.4-0.5% depending on the trade volume. They are not budget friendly. Examples include Motilal Oswal, Kotak security, ICICI direct etc.
- Discount Broker They are online brokers who charge minimal fees from their clients to purchase and sell shares in the stock market .They provide advanced technology trading platforms, faster speed, and quick execution of trade which are accessible from any place even at home. Examples include Zerodha, RKSV etc
Check out the list of top share brokers in India below and find the best stock broker in India
Major Indian Discount Brokers
Find the list of top discount brokers in India below and choose the best discount broker in India. Most of these are online discount brokers in India and thus provide trading facilities over the internet.
|Wisdom Capital||Free||0.00 in all NSE ,BSE FNO MCX all segments|
|Zerodha||Rs 200||Rs 20 or 0.01% whichever is lower.|
|RKSV Security||Zero for ISB readers||Five trade free every month. Rs 20 per trade after that.|
|SAS Online||Rs 400||Rs 9 per trade or 0.07% per trade.|
|TradeJini||Rs 300||Rs 20 per trade.|
|Trade Smart Online||Rs 400||Pay maximum of Rs 15 per order.|
|TradePlus Online||Rs 499 but it is redeamable||Unlimited commodity brokerage for Rs 99.|
|Ventura Securities||Rs 3500 but it is refundable||Rs 50 to Rs 18 per option
Intraday from 1 paise to 3 paise.